Terms and Conditions SLL/SCC/2018 v1.0
1. The booking is made between Stablewood Leisure Limited (SLL) and the name(s) of the party on the booking acknowledgement.
2. The booking is strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, which cannot be amended or modified unless agreed with SLL in writing.
3. The contract is formed on the issuing of the formal acknowledgement of the booking which is the completed and signed booking form which will be provided when SLL have received cleared funds for either the agreed deposit or payment in full.
4. The maximum number of persons allowed at the property is as per the accommodation maximum occupancy which will be stated on the booking acknowledgement. In the event the maximum occupancy is exceeded SLL has the right to request additional payment. This payment will be the accommodation rental total paid divided by the maximum occupancy multiplied by the additional occupant(s). This additional charge will be applied per person whether the additional persons stay part or all the hire period. In the event the guest refuses to pay immediately, SLL at its sole discretion may cancel the booking and instruct the Party to leave without any refund or further obligation of liability.
5. The maximum number of dogs allowed in the property is as agreed on the booking form. No further dogs are allowed unless expressly agreed with SLL. In the event additional dogs are brought SLL at its sole discretion can ask the guest to remove the pet or pay additional fees of £40 per pet per week or part of.
6. The standard charge for dogs is £25 for the first dog when booked at the time of the holiday booking and £15 for the second dog when two dogs have been agreed to. In the event dogs are not pre booked then the fees will be £40 per dog per week or part of. These charges apply per holiday stay irrespective of how many days the dogs are at the accommodation.
7. Website bookings – SLL reserve the right to cancel website bookings and refund customers in the event of pricing or occupancy errors that have occurred on our website for whatever reason. Or, at its sole discretion, to advise the guest of the correct price giving them the option to pay the correct price. If the error has caused an overpayment the overpayment will be returned to the guest. For the avoidance of doubt the contract is not formed until SLL issue its formal acknowledgement as per clause 3.
8. In the event the booking party wish to make administrative changes to a booking they should request this in writing via the email address shown on the booking acknowledgement form. SLL has no obligation to accept such changes but in the event they are able to accept such requests they can, at their sole discretion charge an administration fee of £50
9. In the unlikely event that SLL is unable to provide the accommodation booked by yourself, SLL shall make reasonable efforts to arrange alternative accommodation of similar type and standard in a similar location. If no alternative accommodation can be found by SLL or its agents or the alternative accommodation is not acceptable to the Holidaymaker, SLL shall refund in full all monies paid. SLL maximum liability in all such circumstances should they be unable to provide the booked accommodation is to refund the full cost of the holiday paid.
10. A discount is available from Stablewood Eateries, The Apple Inn and The Apple Core in Lucker on presentation of the numbered key fob which is attached to the accommodation keys. Please show this fob when you request your bill from the waiting staff. Full details of discounts are provided in the accommodation guest information pack
11. A 30% deposit is payable at the time of booking. Receipt of any deposit shall not constitute acceptance of any booking until confirmation has been sent. All payment, unless otherwise specified, shall be made payable to “Stablewood Leisure Limited” and sent to the address on the booking acknowledgement.
12. The balance of the booking is due 8 weeks before the arrival date.
13. Accepted payment methods include cheque and bank transfer.
Cancellation/booking changes/Fees ***For your own protection against illness or unforeseen circumstances, we strongly advise you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance with a specialist provider***
14. Deposits are non-refundable
15. If you wish to cancel your holiday for any reason you should telephone SLL on 01668 219607 to let them know but you must also send written notification to the postal or email address on the booking form. Please note the written cancellation will be acknowledged by SLL in writing so if you do not receive such notification please check with SLL that your cancellation notice has been received.
– For holidays cancelled up to 8 weeks prior to the holiday you will be liable for 30% of the holiday price which normally would equate to the deposit paid.
– For holidays cancelled within 8 weeks of the holiday date you will be liable for the total holiday price irrespective of whether the final payment from you has been received by SLL. Where the final payment has not been made SLL will confirm the balance owed. These outstanding amounts must be paid in full within 7 days of such notification.
In the event you cancel your holiday within 8 weeks of your arrival date OR you have not paid your final balance by the due date SLL have the right to automatically re-advertise that accommodation in an effort to find a replacement customer. It is therefore very important that you notify SLL of any delay in making your payment.
– In the event an alternative booking is found SLL will credit you with the amount received less an amount equal to 30% of the original holiday price plus a £50 administration fee. Please note SLL will attempt to obtain the maximum price for the re-advertised accommodation but has the sole discretion to decide to discount the price as it sees appropriate
– In the event an outstanding balance for a cancelled holiday is not paid by yourself and SLL are forced to seek legal recovery all SLL reasonable costs including legal expenses to do so will be to your account
16. Arrival times are strictly 4pm, departure times are strictly 10am. Early arrivals or late departures may be possible by arrangement with SLL subject to availability and prior agreement.
17. Arrangements will be made by SLL for the accommodation keys to be left in a key safe. All keys should be placed back in the key safe upon leaving the accommodation on your final departure. There is a charge of £30 if the keys are not returned for any reason what so ever.
18. In the event of an emergency SLL have the right to access the accommodation. In other circumstances where SLL feel it necessary SLL will give reasonable notice (24hrs) in order to enter and inspect the accommodation. Such a request cannot be refused by yourself.
19. We appreciate some guests will wish to use WIFI during their holiday and for this reason SLL have invested significantly to ensure every accommodation has WIFI capability. Access to WIFI is provided totally free of charge. SLL have no control over the ultimate strength of the signal being received at each accommodation location as these signals are provided by third party network providers
20. All accommodation has allocated parking, depending on the accommodation size and location the available parking will vary. The number of allocated spaces will be stated on your booking form. Please respect other holiday guests and do not park in their spaces Any visitors to your accommodation should use your parking spaces or alternatively park in the nearest public parking space.
21. Car parking- SLL guests are welcome to use the allocated free parking areas for themselves or day visitors whilst using their holiday cottage. however, guests use these facilities at their own risk and SLL accept no liability for any damage to the vehicles or their contents
22. SLL have no objection to our guests inviting a limited number of friends commensurate with the size of the accommodation, over to enjoy day visits however the accommodations should not under any circumstances unless agreed with SLL be used to hold parties or large gatherings whether or not that you may feel it will impact on the enjoyment of other guest’s holiday stay.
23. All our accommodation is totally smoke free; Guests may smoke outside away from the accommodation but must clear up any cigarette or associated debris and dispose of this safely. In the event anyone smokes in the property SLL will charge for whatever additional cleaning is required to remove smells from the building or its contents.
24. During your stay we would request you respect other guest’s rights to their peace and enjoyment of their holiday especially in any shared areas, SLL reserve the rights to ask guests to stop any activity that causes any nuisance to other guests. In the event guest refuse to respect such a request SLL will ask the offending guest to leave the property. In such circumstances no refund will be payable.
25. SLL are a dog friendly business and welcome dogs to all their accommodations. It is up to yourself to ensure that your dog is well behaved/trained and that you clean up after them. Please respect our dog friendly accommodation and do not let your dog climb up onto the furniture or allow them into the bedrooms.
They must not be left unattended in any of the accommodation unless you are happy they will not cause any damage or will not become a nuisance to other guests due to barking. Please note we only allow dogs and no other animals in any of properties. We require confirmation of the breed of your dog at the time of booking with SLL
26. Force Majeure – SLL shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performing its obligations under this agreement which results from circumstances outside its reasonable control including but not limited to Acts of God, industrial action, war, fire, threat of terrorism, civil disturbance or rioting, government or regulatory action, breakdown of plant or unavailability of networks or utilities. In the circumstances of such an event SLL will undertake all reasonable measures to rectify or mitigate its effect however if such an event disrupts or curtails your holiday then SLL total liability is limited to the portion of the service or holiday affected by the event which at a maximum will be a refund of your holiday cost proportional to the days cancelled
27. Governing Law – This agreement shall be governed by the Law of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts
28. Severance – If a Clause of this Agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other Clauses of this Agreement will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable Clause would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were to be deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the Clause will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intentions of the parties, in which case the entirety of the relevant Clause will be deemed to be deleted).
29. Third Party Rights – Nothing in these terms and conditions shall incur any rights on a third party and no third party may enforce any enforce any provision of the contract under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act. We may transfer Our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and we will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms t another person if we agree in writing. Nothing in this contact is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between you and the Company. The Company reserves the right to bring any action which arises out of your failure to comply with the obligations set out within the term of the agreement at any stage up until the statutory limitation period. Should the Company require recourse against you beyond the statutory limitation period then an application would be required for permission from the Court
30. Your holiday price INCLUDES the cost of our professional cleaning contractor preparing your accommodation for your stay.
31. The accommodation is fully cleaned prior to your arrival; in the event you find something not to your satisfaction then please immediately contact our cleaning contractor for cleaning related issues or SLL for all other issues directly on the contact details set out on your booking acknowledgement. These are also available in the accommodation information packs.
32. You are obliged to keep the holiday accommodation and all furnishings, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of cleanliness, repair and condition as they are presented at the time of arrival. If you find any damage to your accommodation you must notify SLL within 24hours by telephone, email or text so that they can inspect and confirm this and where necessary effect repairs/replacement.
33. Make up/fake tan – we would politely request guests do not mark bed linen, towels with fake tan/oily make up/hair products as this is sometimes impossible to remove and will result in the need to replace the item.
34. On departure SLL expect the guest to have left the property in a reasonable state of cleanliness. It is acknowledged that guests may not be able to replicate the standard of our cleaning contractor. However, it is deemed reasonable that as a minimum:
i) All guests – wash all dishes/pans/cutlery and utensils used during their stay and return them to their storage location. Clean cooker top/oven/microwave if used. Empty fridge and cupboards of waste food. Check that toilets are in clean condition and flushed. Remove any ash/debris from log burner and from barbecues and clean down barbecue grills if used. Remove all rubbish from internal bins and transfer to main site bins
ii) Those guests with dog(s), remove any dog hairs from carpets, surfaces or floors and clean all dog mess from gardens and outside areas. Please note dogs are strictly not allowed on beds or furniture as cleaning such will occur additional costs.
In the event you leave the accommodation in a poor state of cleanliness then cleaning charges will be applied as per the following:
a) Additional cleaning of accommodation due to the failure of guests to leave it in a reasonable condition as detailed in i) & ii) above, will be subject to a fee up to £40.00 dependent on cleaning required
b) Cleaning of barbecues or picking up dog mess to outside areas £15.00 each
Arrival Inspection / Damage to accommodation or its contents
35. On arrival you should inspect the accommodation and its contents and advise SLL within 24hours of any damage or concerns you have.
Please note our cleaning contractors do inspect the accommodation during their accommodation preparation so you should find the accommodation in full working order
36. In the event you or your party have an accident during your stay then this must be reported immediately to SLL. This will allow SLL to deal with the issue as soon as possible. Please do not leave such notifications until the end of your holiday as it may prevent SLL from preparing the accommodation for the next guest
37. If the accommodation is left with any form of damage to fixtures, fittings or the property itself, SLL has the right to recover all costs and expenses in remedying such defects from you. In addition, if the damage caused is of a nature that that prevents, delays or means subsequent booking(s) have to be cancelled requiring SLL to discount other guests stay or having to relocate guests to alternative accommodation then these costs along with the costs of rectification will be the responsibility of yourself. In all circumstances any professional or legal fees resulting from the damage or in the collection of the damage costs will be added to your account
38. SLL will notify yourself of any costs as soon as the damage has been evaluated
39. In the event that you feel that you have a genuine concern in respect of any aspect of your holiday home, then this should immediately be reported to SLL. We will always endeavour to resolve the matter.
Complaints must be reported immediately; we cannot consider or address any issues raised days after you arrive or after you return home.
We want you to enjoy your stay but can only deal with any issues you may have if you let us know at the time.
Stablewood Beau Monde Leisure Facilities Full details of available activity pass and pricing can be found at www.stablewoodcoastalcottages.com/LeisureClub
40. As a Stablewood guest you can purchase additional passes to gain access to the Leisure facilities. Access is only available when in possession of a valid pass.
40. Purchase and use of passes are strictly subject to Stablewood Leisure Beau Monde Booking Protocol, Conditions of Use and Facility rules available on request.